The cards listed below are my current top recommended cards. They offer excellent signup bonuses and significant additional benefits. I currently hold or have held each card listed here. Please don’t hesitate to email me with any questions. -Rick
||Chase Sapphire Preferred® Benefits:
- 40,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months – that’s $500 toward travel rewards!
- 2 points per dollar spent on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- Get 20% off airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises when you redeem through Ultimate RewardsSM
- No foreign transaction fees
- Receive a 7% Annual Points Dividend on all new points earned on purchases – even on points already redeemed
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs – that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points
- Direct access to expert service advisors anytime
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95
||Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card Benefits:
- Starpoints® bonus: earn up to 25,000 bonus points: 10,000 after your first purchase and another 15,000 after you spend $5,000 within the first 6 months of Cardmembership
- That’s enough for a weekend getaway to a Category 4 Hotel like the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, or six free nights at a Category 2 Hotel
- Earn up to 5 Starpoints® for each dollar of eligible purchases at participating SPG hotels and resorts – that’s 2 Starpoints for using the Card in addition to the Starpoints you earn as an SPG member. Earn 1 Starpoint for all other purchases.
- Free Hotel Nights: redeem Starpoints at over 1,100 hotels in nearly 100 countries worldwide – with no blackout dates
- Free Flights: redeem Starpoints on over 350 airlines with SPG Flights – with no blackout dates
- Get 5,000 bonus Starpoints after you transfer 20,000 Starpoints to a frequent flyer program with more than 30 airlines
- No limits on the number of Starpoints you can earn
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $65
- Terms and Restrictions apply.
Rick’s Review: The SPG Amex is my old standby card. I’ve been carrying it in my wallet for 11 years now for the simplicity of the program, airline transfer options, and high value redemptions when using the “cash and points” option for hotel redemptions. Online customer service is top notch. Look to this card for transfers to 30 different airlines including American, Delta, and US Airways. High priced hotel stays become affordable with “cash and points” redemption option and SPG Gold status with $30,000 in annual spending. First year fee waived with a low $65 renewal. Apply Now!
Here’s how I use the card: This is, and has been my “go to” card for years. Unless I’m using another card to meet a sign-up or promotion bonus this is the card that comes out of my wallet. (I also carry a business version of this card.)